Code of Conduct & Ethics
The Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce strives to reinforce and promote a strong business community through sound practices that support social and economic development. To that end, the Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors adopted the following Code of Conduct as the encouraged method of practice by business owners or managers who are members of the Ferndale Area Chamber.
Code of Conduct
As a Member of the Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and
that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to
the following membership undertaking.
The code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce, and represent
the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand support and promote the Vision and Mission of the Ferndale Area Chamber of Commerce
and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber, and promote
the enhancement of business growth within the Ferndale area.
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based
on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning
or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Conduct business in a fair and ethical manner, respecting the dignity and rights of clients, customers,
vendors, associates, and peers regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, height/weight or sexual orientation.